We have been working on a really exciting women-led project called “Parliament Project’ which aims to empower women to become involved in politics. They are running two online (Zoom) workshops which will be BSL interpreted. You can choose to take part in both workshops or just one.
The workshops are called:
- How can I become a Councillor in Scotland?
- How can I become an MSP? (Member of Scottish Parliament)
The first workshop ‘How can I become a Councillor in Scotland’ is on Tuesday, 25 August 2020, 19:30 – 21:00.
In this workshop you will learn about:
- The role of being a Councillor in Scotland.
- What councils do
- How councillors do their work
- What skills and experiences you need to work as a councillor
- You will also hear from inspiring councillors about how they got involved in politics.
You will also have an opportunity to ask questions to women in these roles and find out if it is the time for you to put yourself forward to represent your local community.
Click here to sign up for the event.
The second workshop ‘How can I become an MSP?’ is on Thursday, 27 August 2020, 19:30 – 21:00
In this workshop, you will learn about:
- Understand the role of an MSP
- Hear about what Scottish Parliament does
- How MSPs fulfil their responsibilities
- Difference between being an MSP in Government and in opposition
- What skills and experiences you need to become a MSP.
Beatrice Wishart, MSP will be taking part.
To sign up you will need to book this through Eventbrite too:
Click here to sign up for the event
We hope to see you there at the online workshops, I will be there too! If you sign up, please let me know. If you have any questions, please email me at Charlotte.Addison@deafaction.org