About our social work team
- Edinburgh & Lothians
Our specialist social work team has knowledge, skills and experience to work effectively with deaf* people, whatever your communication preferences.
Our aim is to assist, where appropriate, people affected by deafness. We endeavour to empower people to lead as full and independent a life as possible, breaking through barriers and accessing opportunities.
All our social workers are registered with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) and adhere to a strict code of confidentiality.
If you would like to view their Code of Conduct or guidelines then click here.
What do our social workers do?
- Assess your and your carer’s needs
- Develop and review care plans
- Provide advice and help with welfare, benefits, housing, health care, education etc
- Refer you to other services such as home care, housing support, employment agencies etc
- Work with schools, to encourage deaf awareness and enable pupils and students to plan for their future
- Work with people between education and work
We work with people of all age groups as well as with children and families.
We liaise with other agencies; provide advice to, and work alongside, other professionals. This may involve statutory work.
Where we work
We work with some great local councils throughout Scotland that fund the social work service we provide including:
- East Lothian
- City of Edinburgh
- West Lothian
Councils not listed above may still provide a social work service for deaf people; contact your local council for more information.
Get in touch with our social work team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to find out more about what we do and how we can help you or somebody you know. Appointments can be booked to meet with our social workers in our Edinburgh and West Lothian offices. Please see our contact page for full details.