Lothian Sensory Partnership
- Edinburgh & Lothians
The Lothian Sensory Partnership (LSP) provides a high quality, community based service to adults aged 18 and over who are: Blind, Partially sighted, Deaf, Deafened, Hard of hearing, Deafblind and Carers.
Funded by the City of Edinburgh Council, the service is provided in partnership by Deaf Action & RNIB Scotland, offering the following services:
– Statutory Social Work Assessment & Care Management including social work duty sessions over two locations
– Rehabilitation & Mobility for blind/partially sighted people
– Support following registration as blind/partially sighted
– British Sign Language (BSL) interpreting duty service
– Specialist Equipment for both deaf* and blind/partially sighted people
The service will accept referrals where the person’s vision or hearing/deafness is a significant factor and where mainstream services are not accessible or appropriate. The level of the individual’s vision or hearing/deafness and its impact will be considered using a person-centred approach. Referrals can be made through Social Care Direct.
The LSP can be contacted on email@example.com