- Edinburgh & Lothians
Unemployed and looking for a job?
Our employability service at Deaf Action covers Edinburgh and the Lothians and Fife. We support unemployed Deaf, Deafblind, deafened and Hard of Hearing adults over 18 years old with enhancing their chances of successfully getting a job.
As a service we offer one to one support, while helping to arrange work placements, voluntary work and employer engagement. Our employability service also delivers a range of workshops including:
- Interview Skills – learn how to prepare for an interview, develop your interview techniques, practice answering interview questions and how best to present yourself in an interview
- Building Confidence – building your self-esteem to help you feel more confident and prepared for upcoming interviews
- Access to Work – find out what Access to Work funding can be used for, how to book communication support, how to apply and how to fill in their forms and invoices
- Working with BSL interpreters – learn how to get the best out of working with a BSL interpreter during a job interview
- Hearing Awareness – learn the differences between hearing and deaf* culture, tips on working with hearing people and how hearing people communicate in the workplace
- Keeping Healthy – learn how to keep yourself healthy in the workplace both mentally and physically.
Meet the Team
Carole Wallace (Employability Advisor)
Carol McKay (Office Administrator)
For more information please contact:
Carol McKay, Office Administrator
Phone: 01382 221 124
Tel: 01382 221 124
SMS: 07795 338 231
Please note that if you previously used the ‘Moving on Employability Service’ by ‘Action on Hearing Loss’ (which has now unfortunately ended), please contact us here at Deaf Action to see if we can help.