All of our notetakers are Electronic Notetakers (ENT), rather than Manual Notetakers, who produce a live typed summary record of events. Electronic Notetakers are communication professionals who assist people in accessing spoken English.
To book an ENT call:
Freephone: 0800 014 1401
Text: 0131 557 0419
SMS: 07797 800 064
Or click here to access the booking form
Using a laptop computer with specialised software, our Electronic Notetakers type a summary of what is being said at an event, such as a meeting, conference or lecture. The typed notes are then displayed on a personal computer that is connected to the ENT, suitable if only one person is using an ENT, or can be connected to a data projector and displayed on large screens, suitable for displaying notes to a number of people.
At the end of the event a transcript of the proceedings is produced. Please remember: Electronic Notetakers do not provide a full verbatim service but will provide a very accurate record of events and talks. Electronic Notetakers are similar to Speech to Text Reporters (STTR); they will type everything that is being said during an event but Electronic Notetakers do not guarantee a verbatim transcript will be produced.
All our communication support professionals, including our Electronic Notetakers, are bound by a code of conduct which ensures an impartial and confidential service.
Electronic Notetakers are suitable for people:
- who have a good level of English
- that require communication assistance
- who are deaf* or hard of hearing
How people use our Electronic Notetakers:
- Conferences: If organisers are unsure of access requirements or a number of attendees request access to written notes, communication support etc
- Education: deaf or hard of hearing students that require access to lectures, seminars, workshops etc
- Events: where a number of different speakers will present
- Employment: job interviews, staff and client meetings
- Community: accessing groups, attending classes
- Council Services: council appointments and meetings