Since 2015, Deaf Action has run a Youth Club for young people aged 10-18 who are affected by deafness. Thanks to funding from the National Lottery Community Fund, it has been possible to continue this service. Regular youth clubs and activities have been provided for young people who are deaf, British Sign Language users, deafened, hard of hearing, deafblind and children of deaf adults. We cover the following areas: Edinburgh, West Lothian, Midlothian, East Lothian, Fife and the Scottish Borders; and we are looking to expand our team of sessional youth workers.
Payment: £9.39 per hour
We are looking for candidates with the following qualities:
• Possessing, or having a willingness to learn, British Sign Language
• At least 1-year previous experience of working with children and young people
• Possess current PVG registration to work with children, or be eligible for PVG registration to work with children
• Able to work as part of a team
• Available to work during anti-social hours
As a sessional youth worker, you will be assisting with the planning and facilitation of any activities, outings and events for young people affected by deafness. You will be required to support young people to participate in such activities, while providing information and advice, such as services which may be of benefit. Personal records of all young people will need to be maintained and updated to monitor progress and development.
Closing date: Friday 3rd May 2019
Interview date: Friday 17th May 2019
For more information and an application pack click here.