During the month of May, our Employability Service at Deaf Action will be running a number of workshops in Edinburgh. Designed for Deaf British Sign Language (BSL) users, the workshops will all be delivered in BSL.
Wednesday 02/05/2018 13:00 – 16:00
• How to prepare for an interview
• Different types of interviews
• How to answer common interview questions
• What types of questions you can ask
• Communication support in interviews
Thursday 10/05/2018 13:00 – 16:00
• Learn more about how the hearing world works
• Sounds and its effect on hearing people
• Differences between Hearing and Deaf culture
• Practical tips on how to work with hearing people
• How to have good job interviews with hearing people
Wednesday 23/05/2018 13:00 – 16:00
• Healthy Eating in the Workplace
• What is the Eat Well Plate?
• Nutrition labels
• Health and Wellbeing at Work:
• Confidence and Self Esteem building
• Learn about how to positively manage stress, anxiety and depression at work
• Tips on being more happy at work
Access to work
Thursday 30/05/2018 13:00 – 16:00
• What is access to work?
• How do you apply for it?
• How to book communication support through Access to Work
• Learn about different Access to Work forms
Due to places being limited please book by contacting Carol Mckay Tel: 01382 221 124 SMS: 07795 338 231 Email: email@example.com
Workshops will be held in our head office at 49 Albany Street, Edinburgh EH1 3QY